December 22, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas









As you can see, we've been busy around our house getting ready for Christmas. Dan is on vacation thru the end of the year so we've had lots of time to be together as a family. We made sugar cookies and have been enjoying eating them. Yesterday we went to visit Santa and I think this was the first time that Lia actually sat on his lap. In the past, she's always been very wary of him and would only consent to stand near him. And of course we went to Build-a-Bear and used Lia's birthday coupon to buy a holiday moose with light up ornaments on his ears. I told Lia no more stuffed animals, but he was so cute and both girls loved him so he came home with us. And we also made a cute Christmas plates with Lucy and Auntie Julie that had Lia, Chloe and Lucy's hand prints on it. I know this is something we'll treasure over the years! And of course, as always we remember the true reason we celebrate this season of the year - JESUS!!

P.S. Does anyone ever notice that I have a very hard time getting Chloe to look at the camera let alone smile for me when I want to take a picture - very frustrating!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The little girl I babysit was like that when she was younger. I've been doing this project for Christmas that goes "through the years." I had to laugh when I could not find one picture of her looking at the camera before the age of three. And if she did look at me, she looked at me questioningly.

Kate's Proud Mommy said...

the plate is adorable!!! what a cute idea! give Christmas hugs to the girls! hope to see you next week! love-karin