August 19, 2007

Lia's little sister's name will be.........

Some of you who are reading our blog have not been part of our adoption journey so far so I thought I'd better catch everyone up. The most important thing that we know about our next little girl is what her name will be. It will be Chloe Elizabeth ________ (plus some part of her Chinese name).

It's kind of a cute story of how we arrived at that name. Dan and I picked out about three different names we liked and then we told Lia what they were and asked her which name she liked best. Keep in mind that she was only about two and half years old at the time. So Lia immediately said she liked the name Chloe. And from then on her sister's name was going to be Chloe and nothing but Chloe for Lia. If Dan or I would say, "How about the name Emily or Celia or whatever?" Lia would immediately say, "NO, I like Chloe." And still to this day, two years later, she still only wants the name Chloe for her little sister. And so, Chloe it is and we can tell Chloe one day all about how her big sister picked her name.

No comments: