April 27, 2008

Our sweet little friend Hannah Hower

I am writing to tell you the situation with one of Lia's friends, Hannah Hower. Some of you have already heard about this from me, but Hannah lives in our neighborhood and she and Lia play together pretty much every week. On Wed. afternoon, Hannah and another neighborhood girl were playing on Hannah's swingset. Hannah was standing on her swing twisting around when her feet slipped off and she basically had her neck caught in the swing rope and it was strangling her. The other little girl ran to get Hannah's mom who was just around the corner in the front part of the yard. Luckily Hannah's mom knew CPR and called 911 and started doing CPR. At the time, Hannah was not breathing and she had no pulse. A neighbor lady came over and began to pray over Hannah and eventualy the firemen were able to get a pulse again and she began to breathe. She's been in the ICU since Wed. in a medicated coma. This weekend they began to bring her out of the coma and they are taking her off the blood pressure medication. They are waiting to do a MRI till when she's completely off the blood pressure meds.

The situation as I understand it is very serious. I went to a prayer vigil for her last night and her aunts spoke and said that they really need a miracle for Hannah. I believe that God can completely heal this little girl. And everyone at the prayer vigil last night believed that as well and we were all united in our prayers to God on her behalf. I would ask each of you to remember Hannah in your prayers . The next 36 hours are very critical. I thank you from our family and from her family for caring about her situation.

Lia wants Hannah to get better very soon so they can play dress up together again!

No comments: