April 2, 2008

Strange sleeping places





There are many things about being a kid that are different when you become an adult. One of these things is a love for sleeping on the floor. A couple of weeks ago Lia wanted to sleep on the floor of her room next to her posse of stuffed animals, dolls and Barbies. Then a week of so later Lia wanted to sleep in her old crib for a couple of nights.

And last but not least, this last week Lia wanted to sleep in a big cardboard box. I just unpacked one of the last of our moving boxes. I was in search of something I hadn't seen for three years which of course I found when I unpacked the box. When I was done I had a fabulous big box that Miss Lia wanted. So we decorated it with lots of stickers and her daddy cut out a couple of windows and a skylight. And then for the next three nights she wanted to sleep in her box house. I finally convinced her to put her down comforter and her sleeping bag in it to make it more comfortable. But if it had been up to her she would have said she didn't need any extra padding. She loved it! Ah, to be a kid again :)

No comments: