May 29, 2008

Looks like we won't make this batch of referrals

We had an e-mail from our adoption agency this morning that said they have been told by their Beijing office that our group (logged on Jan.23rd) will not make it into this month's batch of referrals. They do not know the cutoff date for referrals yet, but they know that we won't be included. It's ok - we were pretty much expecting that we wouldn't get included this month. But we do think it's most likely that we will get our referral next month.

Here's an interesting thing - we got our referral for Lia on July 3, 2003 and now it looks pretty likely that we will get our referral for Chloe at almost the exact time just five years later. We'll let you know more about this time next month as we get more news. If we got our referral in July then most likely we'd leave for China at the end of August/very beginning of Sept. We left to get Lia on Sept.11, 2003 and that was a nice time of year to be in China because the weather wasn't so hot by then. Thanks for all your continuing prayers!

1 comment:

Mama Darling said...

Wow! I know you are getting excited! We got our referral on June 6 for DB. It was extremely hot when we traveled in Aug. We didn't think it would be a problem since we have very HOT summers here, but it was pretty difficult at times. Hopefully, the extra month will help. I guess it also depends on the location of the province. Regardless, it will be worth WHATEVER you have to go through. I haven't mailed Lia's shirt/waterbottle yet. I kept thinking that I would find the right size box to mail it in, but I haven't yet. I'll do my best to get it to you next week. So sorry. Looks like you are going have a very busy fall with homeschool and a precious new baby...a challenge I'm sure you welcome!