May 26, 2008

A Memorable Day


Well this weekend we drove to my parent's house to help them celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary on Sunday. This is the cake that Lia and I made for them complete with a chocolate chip heart because both Nana and Lia love chocolate chips so much. Congratulations Mom and Dad!!

We also spent Friday going to an indoor water park called Splash Universe. Lia had such a great time going on the giant waterslides, the lazy river and also jumping on the lily pads. You can see her going across them in the picture. What the picture doesn't show is how many times Lia tried it. She would not be defeated! If she fell off, which she did many times, she found a way to pull herself back up on top of the lily pad. The lifeguard that was watching said it's very difficult to do that and you have to be very strong. Well Lia is strong then because she did it numerous times! I wish I could have gotten a good picture of her during the times she did get across but it was very difficult to get good pictures inside the building. I guess all those times of me telling her to say "I think I can, I think I can" have paid off :)))

No comments: