February 9, 2009
Just like her momma
Today Lia got a retainer that she will wear for the next 3-6 months that will expand her upper palette and fix her cross bite. For those of you that have no idea what a cross bite is (I was one of you till a month or so ago), it's when your bottom teeth are on the outside and your upper teeth fit in the inside. It should be exactly the opposite way around with the bottom teeth fitting inside the upper teeth. When we went to our wonderful dentist in December he realized Lia had this going on. He recommended we take her to Dr. S, the same dentist who fixed all my TMJ problems about 10 years ago. I had to have the exact same procedure done at that time where I wore an expander to widen my palette as well. So I could tell Lia first hand what to expect and that she would get used to wearing the retainer in a couple of days. Luckily Lia should only need this one retainer while I had to have a second retainer that forced me to keep my teeth together at all times. Try talking all day long with your teeth together - not easy! Dr. S feels pretty confident that once Lia's palette is expanded her teeth will move all on their own and she shouldn't need any more orthodontic work done. Good news for Lia and the budget :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment