September 13, 2009

Always gotcha in my heart



Well today is Lia's sixth Gotcha Day!! Really can't believe it's been six years since we first saw her sweet little face that day in Chongqing, China. I remember it just like it was yesterday. Poor little baby girl - she had a really bad cough and spots that looked like chicken pox on her face and her arms and legs. But it was complete love at first sight for Dan and I when we saw her!!

Last year we were in Chongqing again adopting Chloe so we couldn't be with Lia on her Gotcha Day. That was really difficult for me not to be with her on such a special day. But Auntie Sheryl and Nana did a great job of making it fun for her. I told Lia then that I always had her in my heart no matter where I was in the world. But I'm just so glad that this year we're all together again and we can celebrate the day that God made us a family! Happy Gotcha Day Lia!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Lia! Hope you had fun celebrating!!! xoxo