November 17, 2008

These boots are made for walking.....


Sometimes gifts can be bittersweet. Today was one of those times. For those of you who are fairly new to reading my blog, you might not know that this spring one of Lia's good friends (who lived in our neighborhood) died tragically in an accident in her backyard. Lia has really been missing Hannah H. and all the great times they had playing together. They used to play at least once a week and their favorite thing to do was to dress up and also to play dolls. I went to see Hannah's mom today and she gave me some of Hannah's special things that she wanted Lia to have. She gave Lia a Pochahontas Barbie doll and also a Mulan Barbie doll. These two Disney princesses are Lia's favorites and she has often wished she could get these dolls.

And Erika also gave Lia a beautiful hot pink pair of cowboy boots. As soon as I saw them I knew that Lia would be SO EXCITED about them. I told Erika she would probably sleep in them tonight because she has always wanted cowboy boots as well. And guess what, I know my daughter. She was just over the moon about the boots and the Barbies as well. But it's hard for me as a mom to know that Lia has these things (that I know she will love and enjoy so much) because her friend is gone and can't enjoy them herself anymore. I really miss Hannah too! But we are very grateful that our friends wanted to pass along a special piece of Hannah's memory to us through her lovely things.

1 comment:

KnockOnWood said...

those will be very treasured gifts.