January 30, 2009

Wii Rock!


For anyone who doesn't know what Wii stands for it's pronounced "wee" and it's a video game system. No, we don't own one since many of you know that neither Dan nor I are video game people. But Lia has played the Wii before at different friend's houses so she knows what it is and she thought it was pretty cool! So it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that she chose to rent a Wii as her special treat this month for having a perfect month of a good attitude. We started a new thing where she gets six poker chips every day. At the end of the day. she has to have four chips left in order for that day to get a check by it on the calendar. I told her that if she had a perfect month (every single day with a check by it), I would rent a Wii for her for the weekend. And guess what, she did it! She is ultimately working towards having a good attitude for six months and if so, then she gets to get her ears pierced. But you need to have goals along the way, and seeing as how this was our first month with this new system, this is what we did. And I have to confess that the Wii seems really fun! And supposedly I've been told that the Wii Fit is even more fun because you actually do things like bowl, play tennis, etc. But our video store doesn't rent those so....

Lia spent the night with Hannah Banana this weekend and she was able to take the Wii along with her so they could both enjoy it. And Jane very nicely lent her some of her games for the Wii so that made it extra fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the Wii!! Terry, Jane and me just played it tonight. Terry cannot beat Jane in Donkey Kong.I wish I would have known, I would have dropped some of our games off at Dan's work for Lia to use over the weekend.

Jodi

KnockOnWood said...

We too are also not video game people. I am a product of the Atari era, the first video game system, and if it has more than 2 buttons to push I am lost. HOWEVER, my 79 year old dad got a Wii as a gift and OH BOY it is fun!!! Although, I always find myself very sore after I play it. Try the Mario Cart game, it is too much fun.