May 25, 2009

Never give up!!




Dan planned a special getaway for us for our 15th anniversary and the girls stayed with their Nana and Papa. We got home late tonight and found a special surprise waiting for us! Yes, Wooley had finally emerged from his cocoon and become a beautiful rust colored moth! I seriously thought that Wooley wasn't going to make it and mentally I had given him one more week before Lia and I were going to cut his cocoon open and see what had gone wrong. He had been in there for over three weeks which seemed like way too long! But it just goes to show you that you should never give up because look what happened. Here's the best picture I could get of Wooley tonight before we set him free. Lia and I have been amazed at God's amazing handiwork in something as small as a caterpillar turning into a beautiful moth! Oh and another insect update - we let the ants go free in the woods behind our house before we left this weekend. We felt like we had observed them long enough and we knew that if we kept them in captivity they would only live for 2-4 weeks but in the wild they would live up to a year. So good luck little guys :)