May 18, 2009

Updates






Well I haven't posted in a while - sorry! It's been a busy couple of weeks for us!!!! So I'll try to do a general update of what we've been up to. You'll see a couple of pictures of Lia from when we went on a field trip. Oh and less I forget, happy birthday today Daddy!

Wooley update - he's still in his cocoon. We're hoping he's going to come out soon or else I'll be seriously concerned that he didn't make it : (

Insect update - yes, we have several insect experiments going on right now. We have an ant habitat where the ants create all kinds of tunnels. And also we're growing some "Painted Lady" butterflies. The Painted ladies came as very tiny caterpillars and now they are HUGE and they are almost ready to spin their cocoons. So if for some reason Wooley doesn't come out, I know that one of these five ladies will. I'll put pictures so you can all see what we're enjoying so much!

Lia lost another tooth today so that makes four total. Unfortunately this one got lost so the tooth fairy is going to have to work from memory this time : )

This Thurs. May 21st is Dan and my 15th wedding anniversary. We can't believe it's been 15 years already! It's so true that time flies when you're having fun and happiness is being married to your very best friend!!!! The lilac pictures on the blog are because we had tons of lilacs at our wedding : )

May 9th was the one year anniversary of the death of Lia's friend Hannah H. We've been praying for Hannah's parents all this year and we are glad that God has brought them through this very difficult year. Lia and I still miss Hannah ALL the time but we take comfort in knowing that we'll see her again someday in heaven.

Chloe is growing and changing every day. She is starting to say a lot more words. Some of her new ones are "snap" (when you buckle her in the car seat), "night night", "bye bye", etc. Even though she doesn't say a lot of words she understands EVERYTHING that you are saying to her! I am serious about this. It just amazes me what complex commands I can give her and she goes off and does what I've instructed.

1 comment:

Kate's Proud Mommy said...

YAY!!! Glad to see an update...I was wondering what you guys have been up to! Happy 15th!!! I soooo hear you on the communication thing, they get EVERYTHING!! Give hugs to the girls. We need to get together soon...love Karin&mine