
Today we went up to Grandma and Grandpa's trailer for a fun day by the lake. However, we didn't get to do any boating or tubing because it was too chilly (only in the high 60's), especially when the wind blew. So instead the girls played with their cousins and spent some time swimming in the outdoor pool. And yes, being in the pool was still very cold when the wind blew. But you can see the really cool picture I got of Lia flying through the air after Dan tossed her up. And you can see me snuggling with cute little Chloe because she was just shivering after being in the pool.
After swimming we all came back and made hobo pies and smores over the fire. All in all a GREAT day!! Tomorrow is the big 4th of July parade and games right near our house so I'll have more pictures when it's all done.
And one more very special thing to celebrate today.....it was six years ago today that we got our referral for Miss Lia!! I can remember it like it was yesterday. We thought we weren't going to get our referral that day because it was so late in the day and we were going into a holiday weekend. And then at like 4:45 p.m. our agency called us and told us that we were the parents of a beautiful baby girl in Chongqing, China. And they e-mailed us her referral picture. I can't even begin to describe what an amazing day that was for us. Completely love at first sight!!!















1 comment:
Chloe's had a hair cut!!! She looks all grown up now! Looks like the girls are having a GREAT summer! I am taking a lay off week July 13, if you have a free morning or evening, we'd love to hook up. Hugs! Karin
Post a Comment