Well last year on July 7th, after three long years of waiting, we finally got our referral for little Miss Chloe. I so remember that day. Not being 100% sure when the day began if the package our agency was receiving was for sure referrals or not. Then getting an e-mail telling us that the package had arrived and that it definitely was referrals and that we would be getting a call soon. And then about 3 p.m. getting the call that our daughter was here! I remember being so excited that she was from Chongqing just like Lia. We feel SO INCREDIBLY BLESSED by God to have such wonderful little girls. I often remind Lia that God had a plan for us to be a family since the beginning of time. That's very cool to think about. Anyway I always have a picture of Lia and Chloe's referral picture to the right side of my blog. But today I thought I'd post this other picture that I didn't send out last year. This is what we refer to as "the digital hair". You'll notice that they had just taken the other picture of Chloe and cropped it down and then Photoshopped "hair" on her head. At first we didn't realize this and we were wondering what was going on with her hair. But then when we talked to Karin and Steve (who have Kate the other baby from Chloe's orphange) and we saw their referral pictures where Kate had the exact same digital hair, we realized what they had done. So when we were in China we showed this to our guide Michelle and she thought it was the most bizarre thing she had ever seen. So she specifically asked the orphanage director about it and he said that they thought American parents would want to see hair on the babies so they had to look all over their small town to find someone who had Photoshop and could alter the picture. Michelle told him that American parents wouldn't care if babies had hair or not. Anyway, the picture is totally good for a laugh and will be great to show at Chloe's wedding some day :)
1 comment:
It has already been one year with Chloe. Time goes so fast. Both your girls are beautiful. So happy for you. Glad I could be on the long journey with you. You are a very positive and kind person. God is good.
Post a Comment