September 11, 2009

Happy Gotcha Day Chloe! (a look back to last Sept. 11th)





On a day that holds much sadness for so many, it is a blessing to have an event that carries so much joy for us! One year ago today we met our sweet little Chloe for the very first time. She was so good when the director handed her to us. She never cried once, but instead she was giggling at us within minutes. I remember thinking how tiny she was compared to Lia when we got her. And she her hair had obviously just been cut recently because it was very short. But I remember thinking how darling she was!!!! We had only ever seen a picture of her from her referral. If you remember they gave us one picture of her wearing a beanie hat and then doctored that picture and added the digital hair. So when we finally saw her in person, she was so much cuter than our referral pictures. Dan held her first while I did some paperwork and I remember him saying "she going to be a busy, wiggly little thing." And he was right - she is! But she's also such a sweet, happy little thing. She has just made our family complete!!

4 comments:

KnockOnWood said...

I really wanted to be there the moment Chloe joined your family but to be honest, I plum forgot. We were so busy with savoring the moment we held Bekah we missed out on yours. This is the 1st time I am seeing these pictures and they are precious. Have a wonderful day today.

Patricia, Kelly, Mads, and Beks

Dan and Karen said...

Loved your walk down memory lane! We are so glad to have shared this wonderful time with you! Happy Gotcha Day!

Karen, Dan and Danika

Kate's Proud Mommy said...

Love the memories!!! Enjoy your day! Please give big hugs to Chloe from all of us. Love-Karin & mine

firegirl said...

Happy Gotcha day!

I am happy to see the pictures of your gotcha moment! It is nice to be able to see Chloe(and Lia) grow this past year on you blog. We have great memories of our expirences in China I am glad we could share them with your family.
I look forward to seeing you guys at a future reunion.

Michelle, Carlo and Grace