Many of you have told us that you thought Chloe looks a lot like Lia did as a baby. We too have noticed a similiarity between the girls. So I put one of Lia's referral pictures on the blog so you can compare for yourself and see what you think.
It turns out that of the 26 families that were logged in with our agency, only two families got referrals from the Fengjie orphanage (my niece is from a different orphanage in the same province). It's just us and another family that live about half an hour away from us. Apparently it's a new orphange. Now we're not sure if that means brand new orphanage as in just built, or new orphanage to the international adoption program. No one really seems to know anything about this orphanage and it took them almost two weeks to get an address for it so that's been a smidge disconcerting. But hey, it's a journey of faith so we press on in faith.
Last week was filled with lots of deadlines of getting stuff back into our agency like our Visa applications for China. But it's all done now. Our agency is telling us that it's a possibility that we might not travel till the middle of Sept. We were hoping for the very beginning of Sept. So please keep that in your prayers. I'll let you know when I have more news on our travel plans.
Over the weekend, Dan's company had their picnic at an amusement park near us. It rained on and off but we still had a great time. Lia and Dan enjoyed all the spinning/twirling rides and a coaster or two. The pictures you see are of Lia and me on the car ride (I forgot my camera so I had to rely on someone else's pictures so that's why I don't have many to post). I'm "driving" in a classic Corvette car......to bad it's just the car from the children's ride. Oh well, it's probably the only time anyone will see me behind the wheel of one of those things (sigh). We also went to see a dinosaur exhibit over the weekend as well and I'll post some pictures from that later on.
No comments:
Post a Comment