Well after the excitment and general craziness of last week, things have settled down a bit more. The question I'm getting asked the most right now is when we will go to China. We don't know any firm dates yet, but our agency told us at the end of August. We should know more about the exact date in a couple of weeks. First everyone from our adoption group has to get their referral acceptances back to the agency. Then the agency has to send them all to China. Then China issues Travel Approvals and once our agency has those, then they can book an appointment for our group with the American Consulate in Guangzhou, China. After they have that booked, they figure out when we need to arrive in China to get the babies and be in Guangzhou for that appointment. Thankfully our agency deals with all of that and we don't have to otherwise I probably wouldn't be sitting here so calmly : ).
We should be getting more information about our girls this coming week once our agency gets their reports completely translated. I went to our local Chinese restaurant last week and got our favorite waiter to roughly translate Chloe's stuff for me so that was cool. I'll post more about that once I see the translation from our agency and verify that he told me the correct information.
Interesting side notes.... Chloe's birthday is just ten days after Lia's birthday. Chloe and Lia are both from the same province in China. Our referral for Lia was on July 3rd and our referral for Chloe was July 7th (just five years later).
No comments:
Post a Comment