November 23, 2008

Loving the theater life!










So this was a big week at our house - Lia was in her very first play!! She began practice for the play while we were in China and this week was the actual performance. The play was "Pochahontas - An American Princess" and Lia had the part of an Indian girl named Little Dove. She actually had about ten speaking lines. They did three performances on Thursday and two performances on Friday (the day performances were for school children). And each performance was 1.5 hours so that's a lot of acting in two days!! Most of our family and friends came to see Lia's play on Friday. That was so great for her to know so many people were interested and came out to support her!!

And Lia did a FANTASTIC job!!!!!! And that's not even me as a proud mom thinking that. Several other moms came up to Lia and told her that aside from their child in the play, they thought she was the next best actor. So that was really sweet. Lia didn't even seem nervous and she totally enjoyed her experience. She met so many nice kids and it was like being part of a little community. She liked it so much that she wants to be in the next production which is "Robin Hood". Here are some pictures of her in her costume. They changed her makeup from day to day so that's why it looks a little different in some of the pictures. But with her hair braided like that, she really did look like a little native American girl.

2 comments:

Mama Darling said...

I can't wait to show DD these pictures of Lia. She LOVES Pocahontas. I just bought the doll about two weeks ago to give to her for Christmas. Interestingly, I bought Mulan too. It still breaks my heart when I think of Lia's little friend and her family. I'm sure the dolls and boots are very special to Lia. We're taking next week off from home schooling. We just finished the Goat unit. We had to skip the insects, because I failed to order the ants. lol I think we'll do the Insect unit in the spring. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. It will be even more special this year having Chloe home. Doesn't Lia have a b-day coming up soon? Any particular theme?

KnockOnWood said...

how adorable Lia is. keep us posted on the budding actress.