July 6, 2008

The Road

Well it looks like tomorrow will finally be the day that we see Chloe's picture for the first time. It's truly been a long road to get to this point. We never ever guessed when we began our paperwork for Chloe in June of 2005 that it would be three years later before we would finally see her face.

But even though this road has at times seemed to stretch on endlessly, we have always felt God's presence with us on the journey. There has never been a time where we felt He had left us alone. And in fact, there have been many times when we felt His Holy Spirit encouraging us onwards.

There is a really cool song that we like called "God Bless the Broken Road" and a number of artists sing it. The song is actually about someone finding true love but parts of it could also apply to this journey.

It says:

I set out on a narrow road, many years ago
Hoping that I'd find true love along the broken road
I got lost a time or two, wiped my brow, kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign, pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were just Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

We are excited that God has brought us this far on our journey and we are so thankful that He will continue alongside us as we go to China and as we raise our little girls. Dan and I couldn't even think of making this journey without Him as our guide.

We hope to have a little baby girl to introduce to all of you tomorrow!

1 comment:

iammygirlsmom said...

AHHHHH! I'm so excited to see Chloe!! I'm checking your blog as often as I can throughout the day!!