August 15, 2008

Doubly Good

Those of you that know me well know I am a big Amy Grant fan. And I am doing my best to turn Lia into an Amy Grant fan as well by playing some of my favorite AG cd's in the car. Today we were listening to a compilation CD from her first few records. She sings a song called "Doubly Good to You" (from the album Straight Ahead) and as I was listening to the words, it reminded me of my life. The chorus goes:

"You can thank the Father
For the things that He has done.
And thank Him for the things He's yet to do.
And if you find a love thats tender,
If you find someone who's true,
Then thank the Lord --
He's been doubly good to you."

And that's exactly how I feel right now. I am so thankful to be doubly blessed in so many ways. Obviously my double blessing of two little daughters from China. But also truly blessed by having my sweet husband Dan in my life. He definitely personifies all that Amy Grant sings about in that song. I read a quote the other day that said "Faith - makes all things possible.....not easy" . I feel blessed to have the faith that I do to know that the Lord is directing me down every path that I take. And finally I feel blessed to have all our friends who are so interested in our adoption journey. Thanks to all of you for your kind words and your prayers for us!! Looking forward to the things God's yet to do......

No comments: