August 18, 2008

Lots of questions

We've gotten asked lots of questions about different things so I thought I'd post a "group" answer so if anyone else is wondering the same things you can read the answer here : )

Question: Is my sister excited about everything, traveling together, etc.?

Answer: Most definitely! This is a once in a lifetime experience for us and both my sister and I are very much looking forward to making this journey together!

Question: Are we taking Lia with us to China? If no, why not?

Answer: No, we are not taking her. While eighteen days without her seems like an eternity to us, we both feel like it would be better for her to stay at home in her routine. If we had someone who was traveling to China to help us with Lia we would have reconsidered. But it is a twenty hour flight and a twelve hour time change which is a lot for a little girl. We will be taking our web cam and plan on video Skyping with Lia twice a day so she will feel in close contact with us and she'll be able to see her little sister before we get home.

Question: How is Lia feeling about becoming a big sister, staying at home with Nana, etc. ?

Answer: Lia is super excited about finally meeting her little sister Chloe!! It's been three long years of waiting with tons of her friends getting siblings during that time so she is READY! And she seems to be ok with staying home with Nana. I have a small present for her to open every single day to help her count down the days till we get home. So she's pretty excited for us to leave so she can start opening her presents : )

Question: Trish said she didn't want to go back to China again - what changed?

Answer: Well having five years pass has helped to dim my memory a bit : ) I really feel like I need to do this for Chloe so I'm choosing to focus on the positives, trust God and go out in faith. It will help that my sister is with us this time because part of what made the trip seem endlessly long last time for me was wanting to get home to my family so much. And we're hoping to be in a much more centrally located hotel in Chongqing this time which would allow us to walk around and shop and go to American restaurants there like KFC and Starbucks. The hotel we stayed at last time was half an hour by bus from anything so we ended up being at the hotel a lot which was boring and made time seem to pass slowly. Our travel group had to vote today on whether to stay at the more centrally located hotel so hopefully they did! I'll let you know.

I'm sure there are lots more questions I'll eventually remember so when I do, I'll add on to my post.

1 comment:

christine said...

Hey Trish! This is Dan's cousin and I LOVE all the updates! We'll be praying for you guys as you travel! Keep us posted!