CaseyMany of you know that we have two dogs, Tucker and Casey, and a cat named Butterscotch. Most of the time we love them all very much, and at other times, we only love the cat because the dogs do lots of NAUGHTY things. For instance, today Lia and I went to the library for an hour or so. I left our dogs with the run of the mudroom, the kitchen, and the hallway. Somehow, our dog Casey managed to push open the door to the dining room which then allowed them access to the upstairs. Normally that wouldn't be a huge issue - they would just go lay on our bed or something mildly naughty like that. But no, today they went up into Chloe's bedroom where I have all the stuff I am packing. And they got into the bags and ate ELEVEN of my expensive gluten free chocolate bars that I had packed for our trip. And they ate a couple of Dan's power bars as well (not as expensive b/c they are not gluten free). And they ripped open the bag of rice cereal I had packed for Chloe and got it on the carpet we had just had cleaned this past weekend. Luckily it was just powder so I could vacuum it up fairly easily. Seeing Tucker standing there with the wrapper for the Power bar hanging out of his mouth should have been very funny but knowing that he'd eaten over $20 worth of bars made it not so amusing.
Many of you know that in parts of China they are "adventureous" in the types of meats they use for cooking. It wouldn't be unheard of to eat dog meat. Tonight I SERIOUSLY thought about it....... All that being said, I know I'll miss them when we're away : )P.S. Casey also has a penchant for eating library books. Just library books (not ones we actually own) and preferably the more expensive hardbook books. I know this from repeated experience.

2 comments:
Ah-I should not show this to Brian. I want a puppy so badly and he keeps telling me that I have my hands full already! (Even though he makes complete sense, who can resist a sweet new puppy?) :)
Yikes!! One of our dogs likes dirty socks and underwear - YUK - so we are always finding those things lying around the house. did they get sick from all that choclolate?
patricia
Post a Comment