September 16, 2008

And the beat goes on.......

Everyone at home would be amazed at how pedestrian our evenings have been. Because we are sharing a room with Chloe, we pretty much go to bed when she goes to bed so we don't disturb her and wake her up. Plus, since she waking up a fair amount during the night, it helps us to get a decent night's sleep. We seem to be over the worst of the jet lag now which is good because we are halfway through our trip by now : )

So last night we followed our now usual pattern of going to sleep around 8:30 p.m. and Chloe woke up for a bottle at midnight. We had just nicely settled her back down to sleep when this loud, pulsating bass music began. At first I thought it was just a car going by or something. But it didn't stop. So then Dan went down to the front desk and told them and they said they would check the floor above us and below us and see if someone was having a party. And still the beat went on. So then I went down to the front desk to see what they had unearthed. I told them it sounded like a disco. She said there was a disco but it was on the seventh floor (we're on the 20th floor). She said she would have the staff check the floors again for a party. So on my way back up the elevator, I stopped on the 7th floor, and sure enough, this was the music we were hearing. So I went back down to the front desk and told her this was the source of the noise. But bad news for me because the hotel doesn't own the disco on the seventh floor so there was nothing she could do about it. So I asked her how long it would stay open and she said till 4 or 5 a.m. She offered to move us to a different room but Chloe was asleep so we really couldn't. Dan and I put pillows over our ears and tried to go to sleep but we could still hear it through the pillows. And guess what, it really didn't end till like 4 a.m. And this is on a Tuesday night - don't people have to work in the morning? But this is the first time we've heard this so I'm hopeful that maybe it won't happen again before we leave on Friday afternoon.

So I told Dan the good news is that we obviously have accute hearing, and the bad news is that the Chinese people in that disco are going to loose their hearing completely in about two years if they keep going there : ))

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

I hope you were able to get more some more sleep. I can't believe that you would hear music from the 7th floor... it must have been incredibly loud. I hope Chloe was able to sleep through it. Did other people in your group complain as well? Hopefully today is a low key day so you can get some rest. Thinking of you often.

Hugs,
Sheryl