Well Chloe did great last night. She fell asleep around 7:30 p.m. because she was exhausted from her 9 1/2 hour commute to Chongqing (they had to come by boat and then by bus to get here). We video Skyped with Lia around 8:15 p.m. and she wanted to see Chloe's face so badly that I attempted to turn her over. You know that adage about letting sleeping dogs lie......well, the same applies to sleeping babies. So she woke up then and we gave her a bottle and she went right back to sleep. Then she woke up again at 2:45 a.m. and was hungry so we gave her another bottle and she went back to sleep. The same could not be said for her momma. I never did go back to sleep so I'm operating on another day with about 5 hours of sleep. Oh well. It's not really that bad. Dan fell asleep again for about an hour. So maybe we'll try to take a little nap when she does this afternoon. We haven't talked to Julie and Bill yet this morning because it's only 6 a.m. so I'm not sure how Lucy fared last night.
This morning we have to be in the lobby to meet our guide Michelle at 9 a.m. We are going to the Chongqing Civil Affairs office to do our official adoption paperwork for China. This involves things like taking our thumbprints and then making a footprint of Chloe and Lucy's feet in red ink and putting it on the adoption certificates. And they take a picture of the three of us as a family and put it in a special thing called a "red book" which we bring home with us. That is our official adoption decree from China. I will get pictures of all that and post them later on today so if you check in the morning U.S. time they should be there.
We did find out a little more information from the orphanage director about the Fengjie orphanage. Apparently they only care for 13 children. Compare that to the Fuling orphanage where Lia is from who at the time were caring for 400 children. So Chloe was very well cared for as we could easily tell just by looking at her.
The other thing I forgot to say yesterday is that Chloe and Lucy both are extremely healthy. Not even a little sniffle! God's sure been listening to your prayers Lia!! When we adopted Lia she had bronchitis and a virus called molescum that caused her to have spots all over her arms and face and legs. So it's very nice not to have to be worried about those things this time!
I can just sum this whole post up by saying God is SO good!!!!
4 comments:
Chloe is gorgeous! I am so happy for you, Dan and Lia. Enjoy every minute of your time there. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Chloe is gorgeous. I am so happy for you, Dan, and Lia. Enjoy every minute in China. I love reading your blog.
I am so excited for you! God Bless, Melissa Kline
I tried to leave a comment on your previous post, but I was having trouble with my internet connection. Anyway, the girls are both beautiful and so healthy looking. I am so happy for you. Sharing this experience with your sister is awesome. You are both so blessed. Just think, last year we were doing practically the same thing. It's hard to believe that it has been a year. Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment