September 15, 2008

Chongqing Zoo

















Today our whole group ventured off to visit the Chongqing zoo. Last time we were in Chongqing, Lia and I didn't go to the zoo because Lia had a very bad rash that seemed to get worse when she was out in the heat. Dan went and took great videos of the panda bears but that's not same as seeing them in person. So finally I got to see the zoo and it was just lovely. We were able to see about six or seven panda bears walking around or eating their bamboo. And we got to see some cool black swans, a few elephants (one had a baby but I didn't get a photo of that), some giraffes, some tigers, etc. After the zoo, we had a group lunch at a local Chinese restaurant. The food was excellent! I took lots of pictures of the zoo and I will try to upload as many as I can.

No comments: