September 17, 2008

Groundhog Day

Bill, Julie, Dan and I keep laughing that we seem to be living the movie Groundhog Day. If you've never seen it, rent it because it's hilarious! In the movie, Bill Murray keeps reliving the same day till he finally "gets it right". It kind of feels like that for us too because we eat pretty much the same things every day, we hang out with the same people, follow a pretty set routine with the girls, etc. Not that we're complaining at all - it's just kind of amusing.

Today the boys took care of the babies and Julie and I went to the ancient part of Chongqing city on a group shopping outing. We got a few souvenirs that are unique to the Chongqing area. The coolest thing we bought is a special wooden comb and mirror set that's hand painted. It is customary to give these to your daughter when she gets married. The comb smoothing the hair is supposed to symbolize having a smooth life with your husband. We both thought that sounded very cool so I bought one for Chloe and also for Lia since Lia too is from the Chongqing area.

Now for our disco update.....we told our guide Michelle about our night last night and she talked to the hotel management about it. Apparently the hotel manager got in contact with the club and negotiated for them to turn down the volume and they were deeply apologetic for any troubles they caused us. So here's to a good night's sleep tonight!

Tomorrow we are doing some more paperwork to get things ready for Guangzhou. We fly to Guangzhou on Friday about 1 p.m. Tomorrow night, the director of Chloe's orphanage is coming back to the hotel to meet with Karin and Steve and Dan and I. I should preface this by saying that Karin and Steve and Dan and I sent care packages to the orphanage for the babies that included cameras for them to take pictures of the babies and the orphanage. Unfortunately only three pictures turned out for Karin and Steve and three for us. So we got the idea that maybe the orphanage could really benefit by having a digital camera. We thought that way the director could take pictures of the orphanage and e-mail them to us so we'll have some to put in Chloe and Kate's albums. So today we went out and purchased a digital camera for the orphanage and luckily the director is still in Chongqing for meetings so he is coming to the hotel to let us present the camera to him. So we're excited to see him again and have him see how well the girls are doing with us.

Well, it's 7:45 p.m and Chloe is already asleep. Pretty soon it's going to be past my bedtime so I'm signing off for the night.

1 comment:

Rick and Vicki said...

Disco music till 4:00 am?! Wow! That is crazy. It is amazing how loud it was. It does make for a funny story though. Soon, you will be off to Guanzhou. Enjoy a nice meal at Lucy's. We liked it there. I love reading your blog each day. I'm glad you all are healthy and having fun.