September 17, 2008

Chloe's cool trick!

In China, most of the young children wear split pants which essentially means that the back of their pants are open (there is no seam) and when they need to go potty, they just squat down and do their thing. With young babies, the nannies would hold them up and make a whistling sound and that's their signal to let the pee pee come out. Chloe has wet on Dan like four times when we've been holding her up getting ready to put her in the bathtub. So it occured to us that maybe she's been trained to do this. So when the director of the orphanage came back tonight we asked him, and sure enough she has. So Dan and I decided to try it ourselves and we held her up over the bathtub and made the whistling noise and sure enough, she went pee. So I'm thinking if I could either hold her over the potty at home or sit her on the potty and make that noise like every half an hour or so, I could have her potty trained by like 10 months!! Wow, what a diaper/money saver that would be!!!! Dan and I are going to try to keep this up while we're here so I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so enjoying following along on your journey to Chloe! It is great to hear how well the girls are doing,and also to hear all of the answers to prayer. Loved seeing the pics of Chongqing,too....if only it were close enough to visit for a weekend...:)

Blessings,The Marshes:)

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! Way to wow your family and friends, Chloe! Aren't you glad it was Dan who was "experimented on" to figure this out? ;)