September 14, 2008

Lia's Gotcha Day

Well today, September 14th, is Lia's official "Gotcha Day". It was exactly five years ago this day that we were in Chongqing at the Civil Affairs office meeting Lia for the very first time. And now here we are in Chongqing again with our second daughter. Never would have dreamed it would all work out this way.

I wish I had thought to bring along photos on Dan's computer of when we met Lia for the first time but unfortunately I didn't. Of course, this is the very first time we haven't been able to spend Gotcha Day with Lia and I plan for it to be the very last time we don't spend this important day with her. But she understands why and we celebrated this special day together as a family before we left.

So instead Lia is spending the day with her best friend Hannah and Auntie Sheryl and Nana. Today is also Hannah's 5th Gotcha Day. I believe they have plans to go to the mall to Libby Lu or something fun like that. I asked Sheryl to be my guest blogger later and give an update and pictures (mainly for us) on how Gotcha Day went for Lia so you all may see that later tonight or tomorrow.

Happy Gotcha Day Lia!!!! Momma and Daddy love you like crazy cakes!!

No comments: